About the Book
Basic Legal Research: Tools and Strategies
Amy E. Sloan, University of Baltimore
2012. Approx. 400 pages. ISBN: 978-1-4548-0847-3.
With Teacherís Manual, PowerPoint slides.
About the Book
This best-selling coursebook on legal research is known for its clear, step-by-step instruction in the basics. Using a building-block approach, the text breaks material into discrete, readily comprehensible parts. Self-contained chapters on sources make the book flexible for any type of legal research course. Useful pedagogy throughout the text includes end-of-chapter checklists, clear examples, and summary charts. Helpful sample pages and examples of research sources guide students through the presentation, and an accompanying workbook provides exercises to test comprehension. Instructors are provided with both a Teacherís Manual and PowerPoint slides for classroom use.
The Fifth Edition provides thoroughly updated coverage of the research platforms such as WestlawNext, Lexis Advance, and Google Scholar, including the most current information about their features and use. All sample pages and screen shots have been updated.
Hallmark features of Basic Legal Research: Tools and Strategies:
- Accessible, clear, step-by-step instruction on the basics of legal research
- Building-block approach
o breaks material into discrete and comprehensible parts
- Self-contained chapters on research sources
o flexible for any type of legal research course
- Useful pedagogy
o end-of-chapter checklists
o clear examples
o summary charts
- Helpful sample pages and examples of research sources
- Accompanying workbook with exercises
- Teacherís Manual and PowerPoint slides
Thoroughly updated, the Fifth Edition presents:
- Fresh coverage, most current information about features and use of research platforms, including
o Lexis Advance
o Google Scholar
- All sample pages and screen shots updated