About the Book
Work of the Family Lawyer
Robert E. Oliphant
Emeritus, William Mitchell College of Law
Nancy Ver Steegh
William Mitchell College of Law
2012. 864 pages. ISBN 13: 978-1-4548-0618-9. With Teacher's Manual.
About the Book
Ideal for a traditional family law course, a simulation-based family law skills course, a clinical course, or courses taught partially or totally online, Work of the Family Lawyer, Third Edition, offers succinct coverage in an accessible format that encourages the development of skills used in practice.
Work of the Family Lawyer provides a focused approach that includes:
- Stand-alone chapters that can be taught in any order to support a wide range of teaching approaches
- Student learning objectives for each chapter
- Numbered sections within chapters that unfold in a logical progression
- Heavily edited cases that focus student attention on important principles and reasoning
- Discussion questions following each case that reinforce learning
- Chapter problems requiring students to apply key concepts
New to the Third Edition
- Updated cases and coverage
- Black Letter Principles summarize chapter content
- Preparation for Practice sections contain activities and exercises that connect students with ethical and practical issues encountered by practitioners
This family law casebook is the perfect teaching tool – adapting to your students’ needs and to your preferences as you create your syllabus.
Please also visit:
- Family Law: Examples & Explanations by Robert E. Oliphant and Nancy Ver Steegh
Preface / Sample Chapters