About the Book
Child, Family, and State: Problems and Materials on Children and the Law
Robert H. Mnookin
D. Kelly Weisberg
University of California, Hastings
2014. Approx. 960 pages. ISBN: 978-1-4548-4084-8.
About the Book
A landmark casebook in its field, Child, Family, and State: Problems and Materials on Children and the Law, Seventh Edition, presents an outstanding selection of cases and materials that reflect social and historical perspectives, law, and policy.
Beloved by many for its rich selection of interdisciplinary materials, Child, Family, and State: Problems and Materials on Children and the Law features:
- thought-provoking and comprehensive coverage of children's rights and the juvenile court system
- social and historical perspectives
- realistic hypotheticals that clarify the issues
- provocative questions in each chapter
- flexible organization that adapts to a variety of teaching objectives
Carefully updated throughout, the Sixth Edition includes coverage of:
- constitutionality of the federal partial-birth abortion ban
- students' First Amendment rights
- custody and visitation rights of same-sex parents
- support rights of same-sex parents
- full, Faith and Credit for adoption decrees for same-sex partners
- constitutionality of the death penalty for child rape
- uniform legislation on representation of children in abuse and custody proceedings
- uniform legislation on parental abduction
From edition to edition, Mnookin and Weisberg continue to offer smart, timely coverage and a wealth of stimulating materials—while maintaining a consistently manageable length.