About the Book
Secured Transactions: A Systems Approach, 8E
Lynn M. LoPucki
University of California, Los Angeles
University of Illinois College of Law
2016. 800 Pages. ISBN: 978-1-4548-5793-8. With Teacher's Manual.
About the Book
The premier authority on secured transactions, Secured Transactions: A Systems Approach is known for its cutting edge coverage, dynamic pedagogy, and ease of use for instructors. The Systems Approach gives students the big picture. Straightforward explanations and cases prepare the students to solve real-life problems in the context of actual transactions, including discussion of the In re Motors Liquidiation decision. A modular structure allows for tremendous flexibility in course design. The materials are divided into bite-sized assignments, making it easier for instructors to make and adjust assignments for class. This problem-based casebook supports the teaching of Article 9 alone or expansion of the course to include Article 9 in the full context of bankruptcy, mortgages, judicial liens, and statutory liens.
Key Features of the New Edition:
• Eleven new cases (including the Second Circuit’s landmark decision in In re Motors Liquidation).
• Updated throughout, while retaining the same structure
• Highly adaptable modular text broken into assignments. Main sections can be taught in any order.
• Focus on how lien systems actually work in practice
• Problem-based approach with ethics integrated.
• Problems progress from easy to difficult.