About the Book
The Law of Banking and Financial Institutions
Richard Scott Carnell, Fordham University
Jonathan R. Macey, Yale Law School
Geoffrey P. Miller, New York University
2009. 840 pages. ISBN: 978-0-7355-5285-2.
Teacher's Manual. Statutory Supplement.
About the Book
The Fourth Edition revision of The Law of Banking and Financial Institutions brings exciting renovations to a classic casebook. Comprehensive updating is just the beginning. The authors have expanded the old structure to include more coverage of nonbank financial institutions, such as insurance companies and mutual funds. Other topics have been reorganized to reflect modern trends. Visual aids—virtual windows, for visual learners—have been added to clarify concepts and reinforce text. And finally, engaging problem exercises have been added to create a more dynamic learning environment.
Tried-and-true features of The Law of Banking and Financial Institutions:
- clear, concise explanations that simplify and clarify a complex field of law
- lively and interesting note material and provocative discussion questions
- careful selection and judicious editing of cases
- fun problem sets, at graduating levels of difficulty, that reinforce concepts and give students practice applying law to specific facts
- critical analysis of the unifying features of each topic from an economic perspective
- complete, up-to-date, and detailed Teacher's Manual
Featured in the Fourth Edition:
- coverage of nonbank financial institutions, such as insurance companies and mutual funds
- expanded and updated treatment of bank/nonbank combinations under the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act
- unified organization of financial institutions, rather than focusing on depository institutions separately
- generous use of tables to clarify concepts and promote understanding
- additional problem sets that illustrate the application of the specific rules in each chapter, with answers in the Teacher's Manual
If you haven't seen the Fourth Edition, you haven't seen The Law of Banking and Financial Institutions. Come take a look at the expanded coverage, updated organization, problem sets, examples, and visual aids that constitute an important renovation of this classic edifice.