About the Book
Tort Law for Paralegals
About the Book
Students whose instructors use Tort Law for Paralegals, Fourth Edition, will come away from their Torts course with a true understanding of Torts and what it is like to practice in the real world. The easy-to-read and engaging style of experienced author Neal Bevans utilizes numerous examples and illustrations to provide an in-depth discussion of tort law, combined with a solid foundation in the practicalities of daily legal work.
- The author provides an in-depth discussion of tort law, combined with a solid foundation in the practicalities of daily legal work.
- Easy-to-read and engaging style utilizes numerous examples and illustrations, emphasizing the practical nature of tort law.
- Broad coverage of all the key topics in tort law that paralegals need to know.
- Practical skills covered include coverage of how law firms function, assessing cases for settlement value, investigating claims, billing hours, and evaluating insurance policies, to name a few topics. Students will come away from the course with a true understanding of what it is like to practice in the real world.
- One hypothetical case that runs through all the chapters provides continuity to the material and a vehicle for illustrating various points in a coherent framework. Forms and court documents relevant to this case are included in the appendix to the text.
- Teachable balance of materials are strengths.
- Well-developed pedagogy includes:
- Ethical issues are highlighted, with a separate section on ethics at the end of each chapter.
- Well-developed ancillaries, including an instructor’s manual with test bank, lesson plans, suggested syllabi, web resources, and additional assignments, and PowerPoint slides.
- New Tech Topics in each chapter highlighting new technological applications in tort law.
- Additional case excerpts added to the end of each chapter.
- Crossword puzzles for review added to each chapter.
- Thoroughly updated with changes in the law.