About the Book
Antitrust Analysis: Problems, Text, and Cases
Phillip Areeda, late of Harvard University
Louis Kaplow, Harvard University
Aaron Edlin, University of California at Berkeley
2013. 960 pages. ISBN: 978-1-4548-2499-2.
With Teacherís Manual.
About the Book
Distinguished authorship characterizes Antitrust Analysis: Problems, Text, and Cases, first written by Phil Areeda, the leading antitrust commentator of the 20th century. The text continues to be revised by two of the leading lawyer economists of the early 21st century. This traditional casebook is also known for its pedagogy (cases, explanatory text, and problems) and insightful text that convey essentials background information along with necessary economic principles. Helpful appendices includes Selected Statutes―the Sherman Act, the Clayton Act, and the Federal Trade Commission Act―and a thorough, complete Teacherís Manual accompanies a powerful volume adopted at all levels of law schools.
The Seventh Edition incorporates the latest Supreme Court and Circuit Court cases, legal changes, and developments in the law. A revised section on distributional restraints takes account of Leegin, and an updated chapter explores 2010 Merger Guidelines. Many important contemporary discussions have been updated, such as improved intellectual property, market definition, and collusion.
Hallmark features of Antitrust Analysis: Problems, Text, and Cases:
- distinguished authorship:
- Areeda―the leading antitrust commentator of the 20th century
- Kaplow and Edlin―among the leading lawyer economists of the early 21st century
- solid pedagogy: traditional casebook with cases, explanatory text and problems
- insightful text conveys essential background and necessary economic principles
- helpful appendices with selected statutes
- the Sherman Act
- the Clayton Act
- the Federal Trade Commission Act
- adopted at all levels of law schools
- thorough and complete Teacherís Manual
Thoroughly updated, the revised Seventh Edition presents:
- latest Supreme Court and Circuit Court cases, legal changes, and developments in law
- revised section on distributional restraints to take account of Leegin
- revised merger chapter with 2010 Merger Guidelines
- enhanced discussion of essential modern issues
- intellectual property
- market definition