About the Book
Art Law 2e
Leonard D. Duboff
The Duboff Law Group, LLC
Michael D. Murray
University of Kentucky College of Law
2017. 1000 pages. ISBN: 978-1-4548-7663-2.
Click here to access the First Edition.
About the Book
Art Law: Cases and Materials offers a timely and panoramic view of the entire field of law. Designed as a primary text for courses on Law and the Visual Arts, Cultural Property Law, or Cultural Heritage Law, the three-part framework of this highly readable casebook explores Artists’ Rights, Art Markets, and the International Preservation of Art and Cultural Property.
With remarkable scope and currency, Art Law: Cases and Materials features:
- Comprehensive and balanced topical coverage that includes IP, cultural property, the First Amendment, art markets, and museum law
- An in-depth look at the transactions and relationships between artists and galleries, dealers, and clients
- Thoughtful discussion of the preservation of art and cultural property in peacetime and wartime
Expanded and updated, the Second Edition presents:
- Up-to-date case excerpts and notes, and the addition of illustrated case stories with photos, charts, and diagrams
- Expanded coverage of the fastest growing areas of art law—copyright, right of publicity, moral rights and VARA (Visual Artists Rights Act), and First Amendment. Dedicated chapters on these topics are filled with new cases, topics of discussion, illustrations, and examples relating to the up-to-the minute issues and controversies in these areas.
- Additional coverage of international protection of art and cultural property in peacetime and wartime with issues relating to the Arab Spring revolts and post-Arab Spring events in Libya, Iraq, and Syria, as well as continuing, longer term problems in Europe, South and Central America, Africa, and Asia.
With comprehensive coverage of each topic typically offered in art law courses today, and with practice-oriented problems for discussion in each chapter, Art Law: Cases and Materials provides each reader with the knowledge and insight to handle the issues that arise in the complex but exciting and dynamic field of law and the visual arts.