About the Book
Commentaries and Cases on the Law of Business Organization 5E
William T. Allen
New York University
Harvard Law School
2016. 752 pages. ISBN: 978-1-4548-7061-6.
About the Book
The extraordinary authorship of William A. Allen and Reinier Kraakman provides a unique real-world perspective to Commentaries and Cases on the Law of Business Organization. Logical and flexible organization allows for chapters to be taught in any order to accommodate alternative teaching approaches. Rich commentary in the form of explanatory notes facilitates teaching and understanding. Careful case selection and editing presents both classic and important recent cases. An economic-analysis perspective is made accessible through clear and consistent explanatory text. Examples, hypotheticals, and diagrams illustrate conceptual and theoretical models. The text can easily be used in a Business Organization course with a focus on corporate law. The Teacher’s Manual includes detailed guidance for structuring the course, case analyses, and answers to questions raised in the book.
• New chapter on basic finance and valuation concepts that updates materials from earlier editions
• Extensively revised chapter on the corporate voting system which addresses the success of several governance reforms
• Updated discussion of the duty of loyalty including Delaware benefit corporations and the demise of Emerald Partners II
• Up-to-date and authoritative commentary on the Delaware case law
• A presentation centered on the principal-agent problem, which gives students a functional framework for understanding both statutory law and judicial decisions